PDA

View Full Version : Baby white shark run over Sussex inlet

hottuna
12-01-2012, 05:24 PM
I was reading last night about a baby great white that was deliberatly run over by a boat down in Sussex Inlet. The shark later died from its injuries.

Are people that stupid?? I hope that someone has reported the vessel rego to fisheries or the police

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Al-McGlashan/223715324354986?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com %2Fauth.php&_rdr

Dan

norm
12-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Yes unfortunately some people are very stupid. It's like people who kill snakes because they are snakes. :BangHead:

bonitoboy
12-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Yes unfortunately some people are very stupid. It's like people who kill snakes because they are snakes. :BangHead:

Such is life.... What can you do.

Cheers bonitoboy

pup
12-01-2012, 08:59 PM
If it was in fact on purpose, they need to be locked up!

What's the difference between that and torturing a pet?!?

Rosswab
12-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Maybe someone needs to return the favour, Accidents happen but if it was purposeful then it's a shame and just another reason for the greenies to say we're all bad

maraudingmado
13-01-2012, 08:54 AM
I found the article about that particular case.....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/anger-and-tears-as-protected-baby-great-white-shark-blugeoned-to-death-at-sussex-inlet-in-front-of-children/story-e6freooo-1226243159067?from=public_rss

freename
13-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Words fail me...

What sort of wack job does this?

kaniSS
13-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks to this idiot the Greenies have more ammo.

2 Meter baby hey?

k2f
13-01-2012, 11:14 AM
wow... sounds like they mistook it for a mako but thats no excuse...

gazza2007au
13-01-2012, 11:49 AM
A little while after it was killed this guy came round and asked anyone who was camping or holidaying if they wanted some of the shark to eat. sick bastard was he one of the boaters?

Small great whites sometimes cruise up Sussex Inlet hunting fish and occasionally enter St Georges Basin. holly shit my little cousins lived on the water in one of the man made channels and use to swim in the channel off there back yard thats alarming to hear great whites go thru there

bung
13-01-2012, 01:42 PM
i agree it's a pretty shitty situation on all fronts, but if you were to kill a big fish for the table (say a large spanish or dolly), it's pretty common to dong one on the head to stun and dispatch it, right?

How much of it is media beat up (excuse pun) or was the bloke belting it pretty aimlessly though really the idiot chose to do it in a fairly stupid location

blackrat
13-01-2012, 02:31 PM
While i do not condone what has happened . .it always amazes me that our ocean beaches are netted and dozens of these juvenile whites , turtles , dolphins and all others species of sharks are killed every year and no one including the Greenies say boo . I have been told by a reliable source that three Dugongs have been killed in these nets in NSWs in the past 5 years >..Its funny how the Greenies turn a blind eye when its protecting the very beaches they swim on ,.. but when it happens somewhere they dont go to ,their all up in arms ....

Maiders
13-01-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm a great believer in karma so I hope the parent/s catch up with them one day while they are out waterskiing or swimming... :wave1:

neilm
13-01-2012, 03:48 PM
This is like driving your car at a cow to try to get a steak.
Totally unacceptable.

glennjn
13-01-2012, 06:06 PM
there are things that piss me off, this is one of them...

PAS
13-01-2012, 08:21 PM
The Sussex Village Idiot strikes again.....no excuses.

jlam
13-01-2012, 10:24 PM
When I saw the article online this morning I was gutted!!

How could someone do this, if the situation was switched around how would he feel!! Some people don't THINK before they do sometimes!!!

Irezumi
14-01-2012, 02:21 AM
it wasnt run over with a prop...it was hooked. Then hit with the bar which is the correct way to kill a shark that is to eaten. The mistake here is that it is a protected species for some reason (even though bulls and makos arent), and the guy seemed to be showboating. Every fisherman who hunts big fish should know their shark species, and if this had of been a non protected species and they wanted to eat it, it should have been dealt with away from the general public.

LBG FISHO
14-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Media hype I reckon. The shark was hooked, gaffed dragged on shore and donged on the head, end of story. The only problem for them was that it was a white therefore it's protected . If it was a 30kg Jew it would of made fishing monthly and there would of been pats on the back all-round. If you consider that as barbaric then I suggest taking up another sport like bird watching.

JonP
14-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Media hype I reckon. The shark was hooked, gaffed dragged on shore and donged on the head, end of story. The only problem for them was that it was a white therefore it's protected . If it was a 30kg Jew it would of made fishing monthly and there would of been pats on the back all-round. If you consider that as barbaric then I suggest taking up another sport like bird watching.

You cant even bring that jew in without people judging you as a murderer now, you only have to watch the reaction at our local ramp from tourists and greenies as guys clean their kings.
As for the idiot who killed the shark who obviously didnt want it for himself if he's trying to get rid of it at the camp site.
You would think he would be easy to track down, the supper hero cape and bragging would have to give him away.
JonP

LBG FISHO
14-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Don't get me wrong as I don't agree with doing that just for bragging rights and he deserves to be fined for taking the white but, I bet these same horrified onlookers would be only to happy to go down to the local weigh station to have a geez at the big sharks that get weighed in by the game boats. It's no more barbaric then chucking a few flyers into a big mako to subdue it and tie it off to the back of the boat.

gazza2007au
14-01-2012, 12:12 PM
thing is its an endangered species and the onlookers where children who were crying with parents pleading for this %#(@ wit to stop killing the shark which he didnt thats different to a shark legally caught and hung up already dead i think being a small town this guy will be caught especially if his a local walking around the caravan park asking if anyone wants shark is drawing a lot of attention to him self so hopefully someone post up his picture but it could be sometime before his caught as there is only 1 or 2 cops who work in sussex inlet

Appsy
13-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Looks like a costly decision to kill a baby great white, about a $20,000 decision - http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/man-fined-almost-20000-over-death-of-shark-20140212-32i6l.html

pup
13-02-2014, 02:32 PM
yeah i saw that this morning...suck sh1t to them all!!

hottuna
13-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Looks like a costly decision to kill a baby great white, about a $20,000 decision - http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/man-fined-almost-20000-over-death-of-shark-20140212-32i6l.html

This post is 2yrs old

egipro
13-02-2014, 04:16 PM
This post is 2yrs old

Dan, it's in the news today with what the outcome was.

hottuna
13-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Dan, it's in the news today with what the outcome was.

My apologies I didn't realise

Just had a read and I have to say its serious punishment for a serious crime. Thankfully not something that we hear of happening often

egipro
13-02-2014, 05:18 PM
My apologies I didn't realise

Just had a read and I have to say its serious punishment for a serious crime. Thankfully not something that we hear of happening often

Yeah with a price tag like that you would have to be bloody rich to do it or the WA government

JonP
13-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Yeah with a price tag like that you would have to be bloody rich to do it or the WA government

WA government :blah::blah:
JonP