HomeDiscussion ForumsSponsorsMerchandiseSydney Weather ChartsFishing SpotsContact

Go Back   Sydney Angler Forums > Sydney Angler Repository. > Archived fishing reports.

Notices

Archived fishing reports. Fishing reports older than three weeks

Unread 08-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
Simpy
Trainee Fisho

Boat: got no boat
Bio: male 30 years old with indonesian background
Simpy is on a distinguished road
Default avoca

hi peeps,

just a quick report from central coast. decide to take a little break from busy working life, and head to central coast to unwind for couple day with my friend who is visiting his sister. decide to have a dig at avoca rock ledge on monday (march 5), n come up with a mix bag of bonito, salmon, trevally, tailor and bream.

i know its a little late, but i just got back last night and pretty exhausted.

cheers,

simpy
Simpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
bust-off
Better Fisho

Boat: USSR Typhoon-class:pelagic snapper
Bio: Trying to create the perfect fish attracting device to catch the wrong fish in the wrong places
bust-off is a name known to allbust-off is a name known to allbust-off is a name known to allbust-off is a name known to allbust-off is a name known to all

Good work in the sloppy weather been going to that spot alot as of late and it has had some good results
Unread 08-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Skack
Senior Fisho

Boat: Rock N Roland & Cheap fishing Yak.
Bio: Living on the NSW Central Coast, Own & Operate Dirty Deeds Yard Maintenance & wetting a line every chance I get.
Skack has much to be proud ofSkack has much to be proud ofSkack has much to be proud ofSkack has much to be proud ofSkack has much to be proud ofSkack has much to be proud ofSkack has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to Skack

Nice work mate. Crap weather but a good haul

Records:
Biggest - 120cm, Wobbegong (released)
Flathead - 68cm
Carp - 70cm, 14Lb (Killed)
Bream - 42cm
Skack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Malcolm Poole
Trainee Fisho

Boat: Quintrex
Bio: Recreational Fishing Advocacy, and making a difference for the future of recreational fishing.
Malcolm Poole will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Malcolm Poole

Simpy,

I gotta say I am impressed to see the pics of anglers with life jackets in use. I gather you all had great footwear like rock hopping boots or cleats.

Can I ask why we have some wearing life jackest and why the others are not?

I also hope that you have seen the RFA's and ANSA's work on rock fishing safety www.safefishing.com.au how can we encourage more anglers to fish safely? and Don't Put Your Life on the Line!

RFA and ANSA are mow logging attitudinal changces and would like some help in logging rock fisher habits on various rock platforms around Sydney in relation to the use of fishing safety equipment, be that as we suggest at safefishing, or other means that anglers use themsleves.

I look forward to seeing and reading more here in coming days and weeks ahead.

Malcolm
Malcolm Poole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
snappedup75
Trainee Fisho

Boat: Savage Pacific 5.2
Bio: Wife, four kids and a mad addiction to fish!
snappedup75 is on a distinguished road

I too agree, awesome catch but even better that you've got your life jackets on. Well done!
snappedup75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
Simpy
Trainee Fisho

Boat: got no boat
Bio: male 30 years old with indonesian background
Simpy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Poole View Post
Simpy,

I gotta say I am impressed to see the pics of anglers with life jackets in use. I gather you all had great footwear like rock hopping boots or cleats.

Can I ask why we have some wearing life jackest and why the others are not?

I also hope that you have seen the RFA's and ANSA's work on rock fishing safety www.safefishing.com.au how can we encourage more anglers to fish safely? and Don't Put Your Life on the Line!

RFA and ANSA are mow logging attitudinal changces and would like some help in logging rock fisher habits on various rock platforms around Sydney in relation to the use of fishing safety equipment, be that as we suggest at safefishing, or other means that anglers use themsleves.

I look forward to seeing and reading more here in coming days and weeks ahead.

Malcolm
yes malcolm, i have drilled my fishing mates about safety as well, and pfd, rock hopping boots, cleat and rope (like those used in mountain climbing) has been our standard equipment for rock hopping session. In the 1st photo, we was having lunch on the base of the cliff, n i took it off cos its bit to hot, and in a moment of carelessness i rushed to my rod to land that salmon. no excuse mate. i should have pay more attention. lets me assured u, for the rest of the session, that life jacket has never left my body.

thanks for pointing that out mate. really appreciate it

simpy
Simpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
Zenman
Better Fisho

Occupation: Design, supply and install neon signs for skyscrapers
Boat: quintrex 4.2m estuary angler with a 40hp yamaha
Bio: Fish mainly in Middle Harbour. Like to go out on weekdays and chase jews and kings.
Zenman is a glorious beacon of lightZenman is a glorious beacon of lightZenman is a glorious beacon of lightZenman is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Simpy good bag of fish mate. I did a bit of rock fishing years ago and was pretty clueless. I learnt the hard way about safety. Glad to see you won't make same mistake as me.

Mike
Zenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Rosswab
Senior Fisho

Boat: Terra Firma
Bio: Experienced rock and beach fisherman, Tackle junkie, and all round know-it-all. Favorite form of fishing is LBG Kingfish
Rosswab is a splendid one to beholdRosswab is a splendid one to beholdRosswab is a splendid one to beholdRosswab is a splendid one to beholdRosswab is a splendid one to beholdRosswab is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bust-off View Post
Good work in the sloppy weather been going to that spot alot as of late and it has had some good results
Yeah it's a ripper spot for the quantity of fish, shame the secret is out. I've located another area you and Skank may be keep on trying with me. It's not crowded so will be good
Rosswab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
Skack
Senior Fisho

Bio: Living on the NSW Central Coast, Own & Operate Dirty Deeds Yard Maintenance & wetting a line every chance I get.
Skack has much to be proud ofSkack has much to be proud ofSkack has much to be proud ofSkack has much to be proud ofSkack has much to be proud ofSkack has much to be proud ofSkack has much to be proud of

Sounds good Ross. Brought those cleat things from Ebay today. Due to bad weather they say upto 21 days postage but hope not.

Records:
Flathead - 68cm
Bream - 42cm
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #10
Rosswab
Senior Fisho

Boat: Terra Firma
Bio: Experienced rock and beach fisherman, Tackle junkie, and all round know-it-all. Favorite form of fishing is LBG Kingfish
Rosswab is a splendid one to beholdRosswab is a splendid one to beholdRosswab is a splendid one to beholdRosswab is a splendid one to beholdRosswab is a splendid one to beholdRosswab is a splendid one to behold

delayed postage due to bad weather? I thought the postie had a raincoat. ha ha. If they're not here in time just come for a spin, ask Jason what a blast the 1-2 hours of spinning we did was. Don't need cleats to spin where we were. I'll PM you with the location
Rosswab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #11
Skack
Senior Fisho

Got the PM mate. Sounds good. We will have to hit it soon. NExt weekend is out though due to my Aunts Koori painting exhibition in Gosford.

Records:
Flathead - 68cm
Bream - 42cm