HomeDiscussion ForumsSponsorsMerchandiseSydney Weather ChartsFishing SpotsContact

Go Back   Sydney Angler Forums > Fishing/Tackle Talk & Questions > Fishing Talk and Questions

Notices

Fishing Talk and Questions Got a query about techniques? Then ask away!

Unread 02-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
Gutsy
Senior Fisho

Boat: None.
Bio: Mad Fisherman
Gutsy is a jewel in the roughGutsy is a jewel in the rough
Default Avoca Beach

Hi Guys,
Need some assistance.
Heading up to Avoca Beach for the Weekend for a wedding and staying in some units on the beach at Avoca.
Have not fished this beach before and looking for some local knowledge.
Will take the beach gear (and wet weather gear) and hope to have a couple of session.

What are they catching up there. Will grab a mullet and a couple of Squid for bait.

Appreciate some local info.

Cheers.

Gutsy
Unread 02-11-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
JOCOOL
No MOJO!

Boat: I'm working on it.
Bio: I'm a born fish repellent!
JOCOOL has a reputation beyond reputeJOCOOL has a reputation beyond reputeJOCOOL has a reputation beyond reputeJOCOOL has a reputation beyond reputeJOCOOL has a reputation beyond reputeJOCOOL has a reputation beyond reputeJOCOOL has a reputation beyond reputeJOCOOL has a reputation beyond reputeJOCOOL has a reputation beyond reputeJOCOOL has a reputation beyond reputeJOCOOL has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to JOCOOL Send a message via Skype™ to JOCOOL

I haven't fished at Avoca for a number of years... BUT... when I did fish there, it was generally of the rock platform to the south of the beach. This time of year should be good for some Sambos and Tailor. Fish your baits under a float.

If you fish of the platform, burley up some yakkas at your feet, then send them out under a float. I used this method for a couple of sessions and was absolutely smoked each time. My best effort there with a livey consisted of a 40 minute fight on a TLD 25.

Just watch the swell. It can get very hairy there at times.
Unread 02-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
Big-Banana
I like Blue Marlines

Boat: Big-Banana.
Bio: I like fishing.
Big-Banana has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Banana has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Banana has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Banana has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Banana has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Banana has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Banana has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Banana has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Banana has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Banana has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Banana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOCOOL

Just watch the swell. It can get very hairy there at times.
You must've been one of the blokes we used to laugh at up top.

I've seen a kingie of around 15 kgs come off those rocks, haven't fished it, but must've be a pretty good piece of rock.

Anth

My fishing videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dimech007

https://vimeo.com/channels/452862
Big-Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #4
Tim
Senior Fisho

Boat: The Hairy Pilchard
Bio: .
Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute

I was up there last weekend and there were some salmon schools up around the North end of the beach.

I haven't fished the North end much, but the south end of the beach can be a good spot for flatties. I've caught quite a few from the beach just 100m or so up from the rock pool. My dad got a 90cm one there last year, but usually they're around the 40cm mark.

I'd find a nice gutter and spin for the sambo's and have another line out on the edge of the gutter with bait for the bread & butter species.

Cheers
Tim
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
Gutsy
Senior Fisho

Boat: None.
Bio: Mad Fisherman
Gutsy is a jewel in the roughGutsy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Guys,
The way the rain is falling in Sydney it won't be much of a fishing weekend.

Might sneek a few casts in between showers.

Gutsy