HomeDiscussion ForumsSponsorsMerchandiseSydney Weather ChartsFishing SpotsContact

Go Back   Sydney Angler Forums > Fishing/Tackle Talk & Questions > Fishing Talk and Questions

Notices

Fishing Talk and Questions Got a query about techniques? Then ask away!

Unread 09-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
gabzirulz_fish
Fisho

Boat: Tinny
Bio: Captain Gabriel - Piscatorial Hunter
gabzirulz_fish is a jewel in the roughgabzirulz_fish is a jewel in the roughgabzirulz_fish is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to gabzirulz_fish Send a message via Skype™ to gabzirulz_fish
Default Narabeen Surf Fishing

Hey All
Im thinking of getting my dad to drive me up to Narabeen beaches/lake to do some surf fishing. Im mainly going to be targetting Jews and small sharks off the beaches.
Any places people can reccomend ?
I might try to get some live squid from the lake, does anyone have a favorite squid spot ?
Also, ill be fishing late afternoon to night is overnight camping allowed on the beaches up there - ill probably just chuck down a swag .
Cheers
Gabzi
Unread 09-04-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
bluecod
FISHERMAN!

Boat: Southwind UB520 + Quintrex Fishrunner + Emu Kangaroo
Bio: Old, crusty and forgetful
bluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond repute

Gabzi,

Haven't heard of squid from the lake but that doesn't necessarily mean they're not there, just that I haven't heard of them coming in from the lake - good place to get live poddies though.

There's a camping ground across the road from the beach, you could throw a small tent up there and not get hassled. I wouldn't advise camping on the beach unless you want to be mistaken for a junkie - definitely NOT a good idea!

George

I say we should bring back the Clowns

At the end of the day, only you will remember you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni Mitchell
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
'Til it's gone
bluecod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
gabzirulz_fish
Fisho

gabzirulz_fish is a jewel in the roughgabzirulz_fish is a jewel in the roughgabzirulz_fish is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to gabzirulz_fish Send a message via Skype™ to gabzirulz_fish

Thanks Cod
Ill be there with my Dad and my mate and we'll have fishing rods up so we wont look like Junkies . Might swap the swag for an XL Nescafe , i know it tastes like crap but it keeps you awake and ready to fight a 35kg Jew .
Any beaches people can reccomend ?
Cheers
Gabzi
Unread 10-04-2006, 06:36 AM   #4
neilm
Senior Fisho

Boat: Tinny: Bob
Bio: fishing tragic.
neilm is a name known to allneilm is a name known to allneilm is a name known to allneilm is a name known to allneilm is a name known to all

Never seen or heard of any squid in the lake, but as bluecod suggests, there's a load of poddies.
As for places, really depends on the surf conditions and the gutter formations, but the pines (go to North Narrabeen and look south for the trees), or just plain old north narrabeen are as good as you'll get. Wait for this big surf to settle down though!
Good Luck, look forward to the reports!
Cheers,
Neil
neilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #5
j.d.
Trainee Fisho

Boat: S.S. I don't exist yet
Bio: I'm a Kiwi....should be enough to cop some crap!! Married with 2 kids
j.d. is on a distinguished road

Gabzi, would be interesting to see if you can get a report on what the monster swells have done with the entrance to the lake near the beach. Would have quite obviously been a heap of sand movement which may have increased the numbers of fish looking for a feed. Maybe put a feeler out for anyone on the northern beaches that maybe able to give you an accurate report on the lake entrance.
j.d. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 06:42 AM   #6
neilm
Senior Fisho

Boat: Tinny: Bob
Bio: fishing tragic.
neilm is a name known to allneilm is a name known to allneilm is a name known to allneilm is a name known to allneilm is a name known to all

The big swell did nothing to the entrance as far as unblocking it - a big southerly swell tends to just pile more sand blocking it further.
I'm going for a fish on Wednesday night (not sure where yet), so I'll report back on what's happening from the beaches after the swell.
Cheers.
neilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 08:49 PM   #7
gabzirulz_fish
Fisho

Thanks Guys.
I might just burley up with bread and get a bucket full of live poddies then hit the beach and have 2-3 livies out while i fish for bream/flathead/whiting.
Looking forward to your report Neil, good luck!
The last time iw as at narabeen was when i was about 9. My dad had just bought a new alvey reel and we decided to test it out. So we cought a couple of squid somewhere ( cant really remember), drove up to narabeen and my dad cast it out at a random spot. 5 Minutes later and BANG...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
My dad, who is 6"4' and weighs 110kg, was running up and down the beach with this thing on the end of his line leading him wherever it pleased..... It had head shakes like a Jew but it could have been a shark or ray, anwyay it pulled the hooks after 10 minutes and we decided to call it a day ( or night).
Still remember sitting on the beach watching my dad running up and down the beach trying to control the big fishie....
Cheers
Gabzi