HomeDiscussion ForumsSponsorsMerchandiseSydney Weather ChartsFishing SpotsContact

Go Back   Sydney Angler Forums > Fishing/Tackle Talk & Questions > Fishing Talk and Questions

Notices

Fishing Talk and Questions Got a query about techniques? Then ask away!

Unread 29-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
bluefin
Senior Fisho

Boat: Makocraft topper tracker 375
Bio: No more lawmowing and gardening !!!!
bluefin is a splendid one to beholdbluefin is a splendid one to beholdbluefin is a splendid one to beholdbluefin is a splendid one to beholdbluefin is a splendid one to beholdbluefin is a splendid one to behold
Default BOLTONS REEF

Went out to Boltons on wednesday. Used the marks from this site, no problems. Now I know it is a large reef, around the size of 2 football fields. But where is the gps mark we have within those fields, i.e. middle, north end, ect?

Howard.
Unread 29-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
bluecod
FISHERMAN!

Boat: Southwind UB520 + Quintrex Fishrunner + Emu Kangaroo
Bio: Old, crusty and forgetful
bluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond reputebluecod has a reputation beyond repute

Howard - Boltons is relatively flat with no major pinnacles [that I have found anyway] and with the volume of coastal sand drift - what may be the edge one month will not necessarily be the edge a bit down the track - I've had best success out there when drifting onto the reef from the desert, with the action happening right on the edge - unless you want SB's, RRC's and wrasse.

George

I say we should bring back the Clowns

At the end of the day, only you will remember you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngy
bluecod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29-08-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
bluefin
Senior Fisho

Boat: Makocraft topper tracker 375
Bio: No more lawmowing and gardening !!!!
bluefin is a splendid one to beholdbluefin is a splendid one to beholdbluefin is a splendid one to beholdbluefin is a splendid one to beholdbluefin is a splendid one to beholdbluefin is a splendid one to behold

Thanks George,
We drifted from just south of the mark to about 1 km north a few times. The whole area was featureless, we managed 2 jackets and 2 flatties, a slimie and a yakka.
42 to 44 meters of water but apart from the fuzzy readings on the sounder which I think were the jackets, there was nothing.
Was far too rough for me to play with the sounder!

Howard.
Unread 29-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
hottuna
Site Sponsor

Boat: 4.9 J.B.S shelter cab "hot tuna III"
Bio: always up for a fish
hottuna has a brilliant futurehottuna has a brilliant futurehottuna has a brilliant futurehottuna has a brilliant futurehottuna has a brilliant futurehottuna has a brilliant futurehottuna has a brilliant futurehottuna has a brilliant futurehottuna has a brilliant future

i used to fish it years ago , its a close option that always got a lookin, but failed to ever produce, best ive caught there was a few dud 6kg makos.

ive not been over it for 4 yrs

Dan
hottuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29-08-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
iain
Enjoys the smell of other men

Boat: The Brown Hornet
Bio: Founder of this site with Jimbo, Boppa & Joe.
iain has a reputation beyond reputeiain has a reputation beyond reputeiain has a reputation beyond reputeiain has a reputation beyond reputeiain has a reputation beyond reputeiain has a reputation beyond reputeiain has a reputation beyond reputeiain has a reputation beyond reputeiain has a reputation beyond reputeiain has a reputation beyond reputeiain has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to iain

Cuttlefish, xos Slimies and crapfish are all I have got there in a half dozen attempts.

A drinking club with a fishing problem

And down by Kosciusko, where the pine-clad ridges raise
Their torn and rugged battlements on high,
Where the air is clear as crystal, and the white stars fairly blaze
At midnight in the cold and frosty sky,
And where around The Overflow the reed beds sweep and sway
To the breezes, and the rolling plains are wide,
The man from Snowy River is a household word today,
And the stockmen tell the story of his ride.
iain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-08-2008, 01:39 AM   #6
Bashir
Senior Fisho

Bashir has a brilliant futureBashir has a brilliant futureBashir has a brilliant futureBashir has a brilliant futureBashir has a brilliant futureBashir has a brilliant futureBashir has a brilliant futureBashir has a brilliant future

Yeh I only tend to fish Boultons for slimeys, they tend to hold up well over there in summer. We used to catch trag there when I was younger.
Bashir is offline   Reply With Quote